If you are or someone you know is in danger, call 911 immediately.
Steps to cope with stress during COVID-19
- Breathe. Inhale through the nose for 4 seconds, hold, and exhale through the mouth for 4 seconds. Do this 3 times.
- Take breaks from the news, social media, or even toxic relationships if you feel they are negatively affecting you.
- Protect your time to sleep, exercise, recharge, or participate in some self-care.
- Reach out to the supportive people in your circle.
- Seek help if you feel unsafe in any way!
The CDC has a very informative page about coping during the Covid-19 pandemic HERE. It even includes information for parents and a section for specific groups like first responders.
If you or someone you love needs help, reach out to one of our friends in the mental health profession:
- Nisha Blanding Life Transitions Coaching & Wellness in Anderson 864-309-1508
- Dr.Frank Clark Psychiatry & Behavioral Medicine Greenville 864-455-8988
- Dr. Martha Durham North Main Counseling in Greenville 864-230-6300
- Lakia Downs The SOAR Firm in Greenville 864-383-1386